I love roasting marshmallows whether at a bonfire, campfire, a fireplace, I've even been known to roast one over the gas burner on my stove! And you really can't think of roasting marshmallows without wanting to slap a graham cracker and a wedge of chocolate – whether milk or white – on it, now can you? But sometimes you want those flavors without the fire part… hmm, what to do… make a mini s'mores pie of course!
This recipe is SO easy you'll be whipping these up in no time!
How to make s'mores in the oven
Mini S'mores Pie
- 1 box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 6-8 mini graham cracker crust pie shells
- 1/2 bag mini marshmallows (roughly)
- Combine Chocolate pudding mix with milk according to package directions. Using a whisk I stirred mine 'til it was nice and thick which took about 2 minutes.
- Spoon pudding into pie crust shells.
- Top with as many marshmallows as you want or can fit… whichever comes first.
- Place pies under a broiler set at 500° for about 5 minutes. WARNING: DO NOT WALK AWAY! These little guys will go from roasted to toasted in the blink of an eye so be careful. You've been warned…
Here are the pies almost ready to go in the oven. You can see my little one is standing by “helping momma” or waiting to pounce on the pies… you decide. She was obsessed with the mini marshmallows!!
I hope you will try these pies. They are a terrific recipe to make with your kids! (As you can see by the photo above even my 18-month-old got in on the fun!) So if you're looking for an idea to pass some time in these last few days before school starts, give this a whirl. Please leave a comment letting me know you visited. I'd love to hear from you!