Let's learn a new Easy Cricut Project. How to Make an Easy Holly Christmas Wreath with Cricut is an easy Christmas craft you can tackle anytime you want to add a little ho, ho, ho to your life. After all, it's beginning to look a lot like… well, ok, maybe not yet! But we love Christmas around here and couldn't resist having some Christmas in July crafting fun!
The pattern to make this easy Holly Christmas wreath is available for free to subscribers of my email newsletter. When you subscribe to my weekly newsletter you also get access to my Free Resource Library which has this pattern and many, many other wonderful projects for you to create.
I’m excited to show you How to Make an Easy Holly Christmas Wreath with Cricut! This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Read my full disclosure policy.
What do I need to make an Easy Holly Paper Christmas Wreath?
Here is a list of supplies you will need:
- FREE “Holly & Berry” SVG Patterns from my FREE Craft Library
- There is also a PDF version in the Free Craft Library, in case you don't have a Cricut and want to cut it by hand
- Cricut Design Space software
- Cricut cutting machine
- The standard blade & StandardGrip mat for your Cricut
- Text weight/copy paper – I used three shades of green paper, two shades of red paper, and one shade of ivory paper.
- Foam wreath form – mine is 14″ round
- Glue gun
- Ribbon – I used this Plaid ribbon
- green floral wire
- wire cutters
How many leaves & berries should I cut?
For my wreath here is the amount of leaves and berries that I cut:
- 15 Dark green Holly leaves
- 14 Light green Holly leaves
- 17 bright green vine leaves
- 7 light red berries
- 8 dark red berries
- 6 cream berries
I recommend cutting extras for fill and in case any get torn in the off-loading process.
Watch the Video Tutorial
Want to watch me make this project from start to finish? Click here to watch the complete process and learn a few handy paper flower tips while you're at it!
How to Make an Easy Holly Christmas Wreath with Cricut
In the video, I share step-by-step instructions, but in case the written directions might help, I'm including them below too.
- Download the FREE Holly & Berry SVG Pattern or PDF from the Free Resource Library on my blog here.
- Upload the design into Cricut Design Space (or upload to Adobe reader and print on your printer if using PDF)
- Make sure you attach the score lines to the cut leaf shapes.
- Press “Make it” in the top right-hand corner.
- Cut the leaves and berries and remove them from your mat. Remember to make sure your blade is very sharp.
- Let’s prep the wreath: use floral wire to create a hanging loop.
- Wrap the ribbon around the wreath. Add glue to end to start and then wrap around. Add glue add end to secure the ribbon.
- Let's pre the leaves and berries: Use a stylus, pencil, or paintbrush to curl the leaves to give them more dimension. Gently curl the berries too.
- Use the glue gun to attach the leaves and berries to the wreath form. Vary your pattern with the different leaf shapes and berry colors for interest.
- Ta-da! You have a beautiful paper Holly & Berry Christmas wreath!
WANT TO REMEMBER THIS? SAVE THE HOLLY & BERRY CHRISTMAS WREATH TUTORIAL TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
I am so delighted with how this Easy Cricut Project turned out and I hope you will make it too!
I'll be sharing a few more Christmas in July projects so I hope you will subscribe to my YouTube channel so we can have fun getting in the Christmas spirit together!
Please make sure you subscribe to get access to more Free SVGs like this one!
Before you go, please mark your calendar to tune in on Fridays at 1:00 pm EST on my Facebook page for a Facebook LIVE where I'll be chatting about new projects like this!
Hope to see you there!