Today I’m going to show you How to Make an Easy DIY Paper Teacup. Easy paper crafts like this are such a sweet and unique gift to make for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, a special Birthday, as a party favor for a bridal luncheon, a high tea, or another special gathering. And of course, it makes pretty and unique decor for your home too! I even created a video showing you how easy it is. Please scroll down to watch.
The good news is these are super simple to make because I’ve done the hard work for you, designing the pattern. All you have to do is download them, cut them out and glue them. It comes together fast so you can make one or a dozen without feeling overwhelmed.
The pattern to make this easy DIY paper teacup is available for free to subscribers of my email newsletter. When you subscribe to my weekly newsletter you also get access to my Free Resource Library which has this pattern and many, many other wonderful projects for you to create.
I’m excited to show you how to make this! This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Read my full disclosure policy.
How to make an EASY DIY Paper Teacup
There are two ways to cut out your pattern. #1 is to use a Cricut or other paper cutting machine to cut out the pieces of the cup. I used my Cricut Maker machine to cut out mine. If you are using your Cricut you will need to download the PNG files, upload them to your design library and have the machine Print Then Cut the pieces.
No Cricut? No problem! The second method is for you to download the PDF and cut the pieces for the cup out with scissors.
I have included both the PNG files and the PDF in my FREE resource library at CelebratingEverydayLife.com for you to pick the method that is best for you.
Supplies to make an EASY DIY Paper Teacup
Here is a list of supplies you will need to make your own:
- FREE Floral DIY Paper Teacup Pattern from my FREE Resource Library
- Cricut Design Space software
- Cricut cutting machine, or another cutting machine OR Scissors
- A scoring tool and the standard cutting blade for your Cricut
- If using the PDF version you will need Adobe Acrobat to open the PDF pattern
- 2 pieces of paper per cup
- Glue gun with glue sticks
How to Print Then Cut the EASY DIY Paper Teacup with Cricut
- Download the DIY Paper Teacup Pattern PNG file. Are already a subscriber? You may go here to download it. If you need to sign up, please click here.
- Upload the design to Cricut Design Space. Please be sure to add the score lines on the cup pattern inside your Design Space software to make folding easier. You will need to add 6 horizontal lines and one long vertical line. This makes folding much simpler.
- Click “Make It” and follow the print then cut steps with your machine.
How to Print the EASY DIY Paper Teacup PDF version
- Download the DIY Paper Teacup Pattern PDF file. Are already a subscriber? You may go here to download it. If you need to sign up, please click here.
- Open the file in Adobe Acrobat and print out.
- Cut out with scissors or an x-acto knife.
WATCH How to Make an EASY DIY Paper Teacup
You can watch me make the paper teacup on this video below. If the video doesn't load, you can also watch here on YouTube.
How to Assemble the EASY DIY Paper Teacup
- Once you have your teacup pattern cut, the first step is to fold the cup shape. If you used the paper cutting machine, you already have scoring lines. If you used a PDF, just carefully fold each section and crease it. You need to fold the sides as well as the bottom flap.
- Add a bit of glue to this last tab and attach it to the inside of the cup.
- Now, add a bit of glue to the tabs at the bottom and insert the bottom cover. You can cut two of this if it’s important to you to have the cup appear finished inside and out.
- Next, we’re going to shape the handle. Simply take a pen or a pencil and curl one end “out.” Now Curl the other end “in”.
- Add a dab of glue to the handle and press it to the cup. Now add a dab of glue to the “wrong” side and press that. You have a very pretty curved handle and you’re done!
Wasn’t that easy?!
You could fill these with candies, truffles, tea bags, or other delicious homemade goodies! It is so memorable and unique and it really is so easy to make.
Simply repeat these steps to make as many as you wish, and before you know it, you’ll have an entire paper tea set!
WANT MORE INSPIRATION?
Check out these other fun posts!
HOW TO MAKE EASY FORTUNE COOKIE CARDS
Learn How to Make Easy Fortune Cookie Cards. This is a simple craft you can do with kids, friends, or on your own. Perfect for Valentine's Day, Chinese New Year or anytime you're having a party and want to add an unexpected pop of fun! See the tutorial to make your own here.
FLORAL GIFT TAGS
Learn how to make these simple and beautiful free floral gift tags. These printable gift tags add Shabby Chic flair to any gift wrap. See the tutorial to make your own easy Floral Gift Tags here.
HOW TO MAKE AN EASY PAPER FLOWER BOUQUET
Learn how to make realistic and easy paper roses in this tutorial! This includes a FREE template for you to make your own paper rose bouquet fast with this rolled flower technique. Paper flowers are budget-friendly and make beautiful decor for your home, wedding, party, or as a gift! See this tutorial to make your own paper roses.
HOW TO MAKE AN EASY PAPER HEART BOX
Learn How to Make an Easy Heart Box for Valentine's Day or anytime you want to give a gift with romantic, Victoria flare. A delightful shabby-chic project you can make today!! See the tutorial to make your own Paper Heart Box here.
WHAT CAN I CREATE FOR YOU?
Is there a craft, decorating DIY, entertaining tip, or something else that you’d like to learn more about? Please leave a comment and let me know! I love hearing from you so that I can make more videos and tutorials that help you!
Thank you so much for watching and please give this video a thumbs up and share it with your friends.
I hope you will be sure to subscribe to get even more ideas and tips for Celebrating Everyday Life and handcrafting a life you love!
Join 6,500+ Fans! Get access to ALL of my SVG files + free printables to help you Organize and Celebrate your Everyday Life!
Subscribe (free!) to get my newsletter with updates and tips PLUS get instant access to my entire resource library with all my SVG files, free worksheets, printable art, and more to help you Celebrate Everyday Life! Once subscribed, I will send you a newsletter with details about my new free files each week.