Do you want an easy way to add a fun splash of color or just a little extra wow factor to a summer gathering? Then you're gonna love these easy-peasy Easy DIY Paper Coasters. This is a simple craft that you can make in minutes, let me show you how.
This paper coaster is part of my Summer Blooms August 2020 Celebrating Everyday Life Craft Club collection. As a member, you receive this design (and so many more) included with your membership. But if membership isn't right for you at the moment, you can also find this design in my shop here.
The August collection also includes a set of scripture printables, a greeting card, and a party bunting!
I'm excited to show you how to make these drink coasters. This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Read my full disclosure policy.
How do you make Paper Coasters waterproof?
I know, I'm guessing you're thinking that I've gone a bit mad making coasters out of paper – but I promise you, I haven't. These thin little slivers are so cute and adorable and I have a secret weapon to making them last!
If left untreated, you're right your paper drink coaster will get a few drops of condensation and start turning to a mushy mess, fast! But, with just a little bit of ModPodge – your coaster is going to be able to party all night! And, if you use the new waterproof Mod Podge – you're going to enjoy even more party time with your DIY Paper Coaster!
Since these are printables that you can whip up in minutes, you can make as many as you want! You could even make them as cute little hostess gifts to send to a friend.
I hope that you will enjoy these and that they will be a blessing to you and whomever you give them to. Make sure you check out the other designs in the Summer Blooms collection.
If you haven't seen details about the new CEL Craft Club you can read all about it here. And please share the news with your friends so they can join and we can all craft together.
SUPPLIES TO MAKE THESE DIY PRINTABLE DRINK COASTERS:
- Card stock (Letter size)
- Summer Blooms Printable Coasters PDF – Link below for members or get it here in my shop.
- Waterproof ModPodge
- Adobe Reader
- Color Printer
- Sharp scissors
WANT TO REMEMBER THESE DIY PRINTABLE DRINK COASTERS FOR LATER? SAVE IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD
How to make the Summer Blooms DIY PAPER COASTERS:
Steps to make your own using PDF:
- Gather your supplies. It's so much easier to craft when you've got everything right there, ready to go.
- Download the PDF Files (see link below for members).
- Print the designs on cardstock.
- Cut the coasters out. Sharp scissors are critical for making this go more smoothly.
- Lightly brush on a coating of ModPodge. Make sure to brush both the front and back and pay particular attention to the edge – water likes to creep in there.
- Allow to dry and you'll have delightful coasters ready to sprinkle like confetti around your party space!
Get Your Files