The end of the school year is filled with gift giving opportunities. We had a given my daughter's teachers these “Thanks a Latte” gift card gifts which were cute and easy to pull together if you find yourself short on time! For the all-important support staff at her school, we decided to do a little baking and give them a homemade token of our appreciation: my easy Homemade Chocolate Berry Bread.
These loaves are delicious – gooey and delectable – just what a good loaf, almost a cake, type of baked goody should be!
Here they are straight out of the oven. Yum!
HOW TO MAKE EASY CHOCOLATE BERRY BREAD
Want to make your own loaves? Here's the recipe:
Easy Chocolate Berry Bread Recipe
- 3 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Butter melted
- 2 Eggs
- 3 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups Blueberries & Raspberries frozen or fresh
- 16 ounces Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- In a bowl whisk together all of the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Set this aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the wet ingredients: butter, eggs, and vanilla.
- Slowly combine the dry ingredients into the wet... be careful to not overmix.
- Add your berries + chocolate chips slowly and gently.
- Spoon the mix into mini baking pans, filling them half full.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until a skewer stuck in the center comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove and allow the loaves to cool on a cooling rack.
It's a thick, gooey dough. Very dense, which is something I quite like personally.
While the loaves are lovely on their own, after they had completely cooled I decided to add a light fairy dusting of powdered sugar. You want to be sure the loaves are totally cool when you do this because if they are warm the sugar will just melt into it.
It adds a sweet finish to this delightful dessert.
I love to keep an eye out for pretty baking containers. I found these cheerful, Springy baking pans at HomeGoods recently. Their bright colors make me smile, even empty! They are even more inviting when filled with a tasty treat!
This is a great recipe for bake sales, homemade holiday gifts, or any time you want to make something that will bless someone.
To make it even easier for you to give these loaves, I've also created a set of gift tags for you!
Ready to make your own? I hope so!
ALREADY A MEMBER? CLICK BELOW TO GO TO LIBRARY:
p.s. I love a link party! You can see where I’m sharing this on my Where I Party page!