Phew! Sorry for the little blogging break last week but after having been overseas, and away from my little one, I needed to take some time out to be a mommy and get things organized around here. Big trips are exciting but they are also a lot of work – coming home to lots of laundry, messages, mail, etc… it felt a little over-whelming so I really needed to take a few days to get things back on an even-keel. I will be sharing more about my trip in the future but right now I am just too excited about the cooler Fall weather we are enjoying so I want to share some tasty fall recipes instead! First up are these yummy White Chocolate Pumpkin Praline bars (that’s a mouthful isn’t it?!!)
Pumpkin is one of my favorite flavors, which leads to me getting very inspired to do lots of Fall baking. These bars are a delectable blend of pumpkin and pecan flavors which is positively scrumptious, if I do say so myself. And best of all, they are really easy if you use a pumpkin cookie mix as a base like I did.
- cooking spray
- ½ cup of butter, melted
- 1, 17 ounce package Pumpkin Cookie mix*
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup pecans, chopped
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- *I used Pillsbury Perfectly Pumpkin cookie mix.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray an 8" square baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine pumpkin cookie mix and ½ cup melted butter in a medium bowl until crumbly. Press crumbly mixture into 8" pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together egg, dark brown sugar, 2 Tablespoons melted butter, vanilla, chopped pecans and white chocolate chips in a medium bowl. Pour this mixture over the partially baked cookie base and bake for an additional 10 minutes with a loose piece of foil over the pan. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until cooked through and the top is golden brown.
These bars are part cookie and part candy and ALL yummy! I have to warn you though, they are quite addictive and while the recipe makes 20 bars (more or less, depending on how you cut them) I can’t tell you how many “servings” you’ll get – ha! My daughter and I alone went through several bars before we knew it!
I hope you enjoy this Fall dessert!
Would you like to receive a preview of my blog posts in your inbox?
I’d love to share them with you! Subscribe here…