I found this recipe for sweet & salty pumpkin seeds on Real Simple magazine's Halloween site and while I'm not a huge fan of cinnamon, I was intrigued. I use a little less cinnamon than they call for but again that's just personal preference. How do you like yours?
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin seeds (from 2 medium pumpkins), rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 300° F. Spread the seeds on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until dry throughout, 50 to 60 minutes.
oven temperature to 350° F. In a large bowl, toss the seeds with the
butter, sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Return the seeds to the baking sheet
and toast, tossing occasionally, until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.