Most of the festivities on a major holiday happen in the evening but I thought it would be fun to come up with dish that gets the party started first thing! So, I present to you my Red, White and Blue Pancakes – perfect for a July 4th breakfast! These pancakes are so simple I hope you will give them a try, here’s the recipe…
- 1 cup Pancake mix
- ⅔ cup water
- red food coloring
- ⅓ cup Strawberry Jam
- ⅓ cup Syrup
- ½ cup Blueberries
- Combine pancake mix with water and stir to combine, add in food coloring until you get the color you desire.
- Heat frying pan or griddle over medium heat. You know it’s ready when you drop a droplet of water onto the pan and it sizzles.
- Pour ¼ cup of pancake batter onto pan, when batter in pan has lots of little bubbles flip the pancake. Allow other side to cook for another minute or two and remove pancake from pan.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Heat Strawberry Jam over low heat in a small sauce pan until smooth. Add in syrup and blueberries and heat through.
Any basic pancake mix is easily embellished with a bit of food coloring. For even more flavor, you could mix in some chopped strawberries. We didn’t have any on hand so I didn’t do it this time, but I know it would be a tasty addition!
A dollop of whipped cream is the perfect finish!
Do you like to start holidays off with a tasty treat or do you prefer to hold-off until the afternoon or evening?
Would you like to receive a preview of my blog posts in your inbox?
I’d love to share them with you! Subscribe here…