Hello, my friend! It’s so hard to believe that the school year is about to begin again for some folks already… the year is flying by! As we enter these last days of Summer I wanted to share a simple but delicious soup that is tasty, nutritious AND takes mere minutes to prepare, giving you more time to savor these lingering days of the holiday break.
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Onion, chopped
- ¼ cup Carrots, sliced
- 1 clove Garlic, diced
- 1 can Sweet Corn (including liquid from can) (approx. 15 ounces)
- 1 can Cannellini Beans, drained (approx. 15 ounces)
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 2 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 packet of concentrated Chicken Stock (I used Knorr Homestyle Stock)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Pepper
- 1 teaspoon "Savory" herb blend
- 3 cups Kale, chopped
- Heat Olive Oil over medium heat in a large soup pot. Add onion and cook until just beginning to turn translucent. Next, add carrots and garlic, cook for about 3 minutes or until carrots are barely beginning to soften.
- Add Corn (including liquid from can), Beans, Stocks, Salt, Garlic Pepper and Savory herbs to pot, stir well to combine. Heat to a low boil. Stir Kale into pot, be sure all leaves are covered in broth. Cook for 3 - 5 minutes and serve immediately.
- Veggies will be al dente, cook longer if you prefer softer vegetables.
I cook the veggies in this soup so that they are a bit al dente. I like the bit of “crunch”, but you can lengthen the cooking time if you prefer softer veggies. Don’t you love all the colors of this soup? And I tell you – it really is DELICIOUS!
Would you like to receive a preview of my blog posts in your inbox?
I’d love to share them with you! Subscribe here…